Would you really prefer to have a “more presidential” chief executive who promotes socialism, open borders, abortion, sexual anarchy and the criminalization of Christianity? The Left, which turned a blind eye to the flagrant immorality of Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton, is ordering evangelical Christians to abandon Mr. Trump. Before too many well-meaning people take the bait, a reminder of what Mr. Trump has accomplished might be in order.
Here are a few other things that Mr. Trump has done:
- Appointed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and more than 75 other constitutionally sound federal judges, 30 of whom are serving.
- Reinstated an expanded Mexico City Policy blocking foreign aid from being used for abortions.
- Cracked down on illegal immigration and “sanctuary cities.” As Attorney General Jeff Sessions put it: “The lawlessness, the abdication of the duty to enforce our laws, and the catch and release policies of the past are over.”
- Issued an order killing two federal regulations for every new one. In actuality, 16 were cut for every new one in his first year, saving billions.
- Engineered a historic tax cut that will save money for more than 80 percent of American households.
- Withdrew the U.S. from the Paris Climate Agreement, ending the threat of U.S. governance by international bureaucrats.
- Reversed onerous Obama environmental rules that gave the EPA ham-handed authority to destroy the coal industry and abrogate landowners’ rights.
- Kick-started America’s energy sector by curtailing regulations, facilitating the Keystone XL Pipeline and opening up vast federal areas to oil and gas exploration.
- Presided over an economic and stock market boom, lowered unemployment and brought manufacturing jobs back to America from overseas.
- Rebuilt the nation’s military, destroyed ISIS, and faced down North Korea’s “Rocket Man.”
- Issued an order enforcing First Amendment protections for religious liberty.
- Restored the freedom of military chaplains to espouse biblical morality, and essentially reversed Mr. Obama’s transgender military policy.
- Revoked the Education Department’s order that public schools allow gender-confused males access to girls’ restrooms and locker rooms.
- Cracked down on sex trafficking. President Trump signed a law allowing states to move against sex-ad Internet sites, and the Justice Department on April 6 seized and shut down Backpage.com, which carried ads for prostitution, including trafficked children.
- Overhauled the mismanaged Veterans Administration and gave veterans more healthcare choices.
- Replaced ObamaCare incrementally, beginning with a repeal of the individual mandate.
- Imposed sanctions on Venezuela’s socialist dictatorship and revised Obama’s deals with communist Cuba.
- Recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and repaired damage that Obama did to the U.S.-Israel relationship.
- Worked with Central American nations to crack down on MS-13 gangs.
Okay, let’s stop here, though it only scratches the surface.
A question for Mr. Trump’s conservative critics, including some well-meaning evangelicals who rightly express concern over character: Would you really prefer to have a “more presidential” chief executive who promotes socialism, open borders, abortion, sexual anarchy and the criminalization of Christianity?
Here are just a few likely outcomes had Mrs. Clinton won:
- An explosion in government funding for abortion.
- The LGBT political agenda on steroids, with the Justice Department attacking Christian business people who won’t bow to Baal.
- Tax increases – not a tax cut – to fund a vast expansion of nanny government.
- ObamaCare morphing into a single-payer, socialist government monopoly.
- Federal agencies like the EPA and the IRS re-weaponized against political opponents.
- More radical judges like Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Kagan and Sotomayor. Maybe even Chai Feldblum on the Supreme Court.
- Hordes of new federal bureaucrats drawn from the ranks of MoveOn.org, NARAL, the ACLU, the Human Rights Campaign and the Women’s March.
- “Pink hat day” throughout the federal government on Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger’s birthday. (No reported plan; it just makes sense.)
- Massive illegal immigration, along with the Justice Department attacking states that have strong voter ID laws.
- A shutdown of all inquiries into Clinton corruption, such as missing emails, Russian money flowing into the Clinton Foundation, or the Clinton-Russian connection in the 2016 election.
- A naïve foreign policy that would have emboldened Russia, China, North Korea, and Iran to test American resolve.